looking for a tablet and wondering whats the best tablet for 8 year old kids ?
I decided to buy a kid’s tab for my 8-year old son after he started using my phone frequently to play games and watch videos. Allowing kids to frequent our phones or laptops is not a good idea because of the content that they can come across.
Kid’s tabs are different from adult tabs. Tablets used by kids usually come with apps that are suitable for their age and have parental guidance. They allow a parent to set time limits and block some sites that are not good for the kid. Usually, these tabs have e-books, games, videos, apps, and files suitable for kids. Also, a good number of them have parental control software.
Children are normally careless and that’s why you need to buy tablet accessories like a screen guard and case to protect the tab. When buying the best tablet for 8 year old kids, you should consider how long its battery lasts, size of the display, screen resolution, RAM, processor speed, and ease of use. You can also acquire headphones with minimal volume so that your kid’s ears aren’t damaged by a loud sound.
In addition, the kid’s tablet should be affordable and have child-friendly features. Parents usually have a hard time selecting a great tab for their kid. As a result, we’ve selected some of the best kid’s tabs on the market for you. They are well-priced and have outstanding features. A good number of them have enough space for storing of videos, photos, apps, and other files. Kids can use them to read e-books and watch their favourite movies. You can make up your mind to acquire a tab from a brand like Fuhu or Leapfrog who have high restrictions on their kid’s tabs, or a brand with a wide range of features such as Amazon Fire.
Below are some of our selections:
The best best tablet for 8 year old kids – tablet reviews
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7-inch
The Samsung Galaxy 3 tablet is a uniquely designed tablet suitable for both kids and adults. Considering its size and performance, getting this tab for your kid will keep them engaged most of the time. The Samsung Galaxy 3 is made up of a 7 inch TFT colour screen. It has a resolution of 1024 by 600 and a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor. Your child can use the tab to take photos with the 3-megapixel rear camera or video chat using the 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera. Also, it comprises of 8 GB memory and a microSD card slot that enables you to add up to 64 GB of additional memory. This is purchased separately. With such clarity and performance, your kid can use this tab to watch movies, read e-Books, listen to music, and play games.
- 7 inch TFT screen
- 8 GB hard drive size
- 7 hours battery life
- White colour
- 1 GB RAM size
- Weighs 299 grams
- 3MP rear facing camera
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity
- Operating system; Android Jellybean 4.1
- The Samsung Galaxy Tab is very easy to hold and use with one hand
- It is lightweight with a familiar user interface just like other Samsung Galaxy devices making it easy to use.
- It has a universal remote control for your TV or DVR. This is similar to standard television remote controls.
- The tab comes with both front and rear cameras that allow your kid to take photos and video chat, respectively.
- The Samsung Galaxy 3 Tab has a 7-inch screen with a resolution of 1024 by 600, and also a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, that makes it be ideal for downloading and watching the latest movies, e-books, TV shows, games, and much more.
- It has 8GB memory and features a microSD card slot that can be expanded up to 64GB for easy storage of photos, videos, songs and other files of your choice.
- The Galaxy 3 tab has a battery life of 7 hours which is good enough for your kids to have fun and read e-books before recharging the gadget.
- The tablet is very fragile and can break easily when dropped on a toughened surface like concrete.
- The speed of the tablet becomes slow and sluggish at times which is annoying when you are busy or in the middle of reading or watching.
Lenovo 10.1 inch Tablet
The sleek designed Lenovo A10 tablet is a magnificent gift for your 7 or 8 year-old kid. It has a large 8-inch display screen with 5 multi-touch points and a resolution of 1200 by 800. The tab offers 2 cameras, one at the front and the other at the rear. Wi-Fi connectivity allows you to download apps, games, and movies. In addition, the tab functions fast and effortlessly with a processor speed of 1.3 GHz. The battery can run for 8 hours and has a standby time of up to 50 hours. With the Dolby digital plus and two front-facing speakers, listening to music or watching a movie will never be the same again.
- 10.1-inch tablet
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
- Dual front facing speakers
- 8 hours battery life
- Preloaded Google apps
- 5-megapixel rear camera and 2-megapixel front camera
- Five-point multitouch screen
- Processor speed of 1.3 GHz
- 16 GB hard disk size
- Operating system; Android 4.2
- Weighs 544 grams
- The Lenovo A10 tablet comes with a long lasting 6340 mAh Li-Po battery. It lasts for 8 hours before running out.
- It has a large TFT screen with a resolution of 1200 by 800. This will display clear photos and videos for full enjoyment by your kid as they watch or play games.
- The Tab as a powerful MTK 8121 quad-core processor, to enable the user browse faster, have responsive apps and download content easily and fast.
- The Lenovo A10 10 inch tablet has a storage capacity of 16 GB and it can be expanded to 64 GB for you to store videos, songs, e-books, and other files.
- It has Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity. Bluetooth enables you to connect and share files with other devices, while Wi-Fi allows you to enjoy reliable connections to the internet.
- The 5-megapixel rear camera allows the user to take photos, while the 2-megapixel front camera enables the user to video chat with family and friends.
- The 5 point multi-touch display makes using this tab to be easy and fast. It allows you to access contents on the tabs such as videos, photos, and files. It is also sensitive and makes typing to be seamless.
- The touchscreen is not stable as it freezes or falters from time-to-time, thus it is very unreliable.
- When used after a certain period of time, the tablet will start to switch itself off.
Amazon Fire 8-inch HD Tablet
This is an amazing tablet for kids and one of the best tablet for 8 year old kids. It has an 8 inch HD display with a resolution of 1280 by 800. The Bluetooth connectivity allows kids to share photos, videos, games and other files. It has 32 GB memory and can be expanded up to 200 GB. Also, it has a strong bumper case for securing the tablet. On purchase, the kid gets to access more than 500, 000 apps and games. This includes popular games, premium TV, social media and much more. The tablet has a durable battery that runs for 12 hours before requiring to be recharged. Besides the one year worldwide limited warranty offered by Amazon, the buyer as well gets a 12-month subscription to the Fire For Kids service that packs in books and TV shows targeted at kids.
- 12 hours battery life
- 8 inch HD display
- Quad-core processor of 1.3 GHz
- Free unlimited cloud storage
- Up to 200 GB expandable storage
- Blue shade
- 1280 by 800 screen resolution
- 32 GB memory
- VGA front facing camera and 2MP rear facing HD camera
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity
- Worldwide limited warranty of one year
- The tablet is lightweight and easy to handle by your kid as they read e-books, watch videos or listen to music.
- It has a front VGA camera for live chat videos and a 2 megapixel rear facing the camera for taking photos.
- The Amazon Fire 8 tablet has a longer battery life as it lasts for more than 12 hours. Also, it takes less than 6 hours to fully charge the battery.
- It has 32 GB storage capacity and allows the user to add up to 200 GB to store files, videos, songs, e-books, games, and apps.
- It can be linked to other Bluetooth devices in order to share files, videos, songs and other apps. It as well has Wi-Fi that allows the user to connect to the internet and download e-books, videos, and thousands of other files.
- The Amazon Fire 8 tablet has a blue shade feature that minimizes blue light, which can inhibit your ability to fall asleep. Also, blue shade offers ultra-low brightness for reading in dark rooms.
- Amazon offers a worldwide limited warranty of one year which is exceptional. During this period, one can return the gadget if it has an issue.
- This tablet comes with lots of adverts which distracts the person during use and are very irritating.
- The quality of the audio is not good
- Not very reliable as it stops working after some time or the screen freezes
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8-inch
Having fun and learning can all be actualized by getting this best tablet for 8 year old kid. The tablet runs for 6 hours before having to be recharged. The large 8 inch TFT screen has a resolution of 1280 by 800 and it displays photos and videos clearly. A universal remote is included in the device and can be used for TV or DVR. The multi-window feature enables the user to use two apps at the same time, side by side. Moreover, it has 16 GB hard disk capacity which can be expanded up to 64 GB for storage of videos, songs, games, e-books and other files. Also, it has two cameras which are front and rear for capturing images and for video chatting. This is an outstanding device for your kid.
- 8 inch TFT screen
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
- 6 hours battery life
- 16 GB memory and up to 64 expandable
- 1280 by 800 resolution
- Universal remote control
- Android 4.2 jelly bean operating system
- 1.3 MP front facing camera and 5 MP rear facing camera
- Multi-window feature
- It is good looking and exceptional in performance
- Fits well in the hand which make using it to be simple and fun
- Has a built-in remote control that functions in a similar way like a standard remote control for TV or DVR.
- It comes with 16 GB memory and can be expanded up to 64 GB
- It has a large 8-inch display with 1280 by 800 resolution
- It has an excellent multi-window feature that allows the user to utilize two apps at the same time.
- It has Wi-Fi that enables the user to download videos, games, and apps from the internet and Bluetooth for sharing files.
- The tablet cannot be relied upon to run for long hours as the battery doesn’t last long.
- Charging this device is somehow disgusting as it takes a lot of time to fully charge.
- When you switch on the tablet, it takes a lot of time to come on.
A kids tablet is different from that of an adult. There are various tablets on the market that are advertised as kids tabs but don’t deliver. Beware of such tablets as they won’t be of help to your little one. The best tablet for 8 year old kids should be easy to use with a high resolution. Also, it should take at least 7 hours before it runs out of battery. The build should be rugged and the volume not so loud. The tab should be protected by limiting features so that the kids cannot watch unwarranted content.
In the post above, we have highlighted some of the best tabs for your kid. As kids grow older, they need a real tab with great experience. Ensure that the tab you acquire has easy to use features and enough storage. This will assist them to keep apps, videos, songs, games, and other files. Since most of these gadgets are fragile and kids are careless, ensure you get a quality device at a fair price instead of buying an expensive tab that won’t last for long. Check reviews before buying one.
Related: Kids Electric Quad Bike 36v 800w UK